- Examining Ourselves To See Whether We Are In The Realm Of Faith:
- A Different Source Of Revelation:
- Examining The Substance Of The Message:
- The Influence That A Message Has:
- The Impact A Message Has On Its Hearers:
The penitential days and times in the universal Church are every Friday of the whole year and the season of Lent. Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday" (Code of Canon Law 1250, 1251).